Head Chef 4 Star AA Rosette Awarded Boutique Hotel
- Location: South East
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary: £28k to £32k
Head Chef 4 Star AA Rosette Awarded Boutique Hotel
Location Outskirts of Buckinghamshire
Salary £28k to £32k Depending on experience
Reports to General Manager, Owner,
Responsible for Sous Chef, Chef de parties, Demi Chef de parties and Commis Chefs
This corporate hotel flowing with banquets and functions
This 4 Star Hotel recently awarded with 1 AA Rosette, are looking for a dynamic Head Chef, with Rosette and banqueting experience. The hotel has 48 rooms and 3 function rooms set in 5 acres of the English countryside. During the week the hotel is full with corporate clientele and conferences, Due to its location at weekends the hotel caters for families and lots of weddings. The hotel is looking for somebody who thrives on being able to cook to Rosette standards for a wide variety of clients at once.
Duties & Responsibilities include
• 5 years Sous chef or 3 Years Head chef experience in a similar style of property
• To work 5 out of 7 days, STRAIGHT SHIFTS, NO SPLIT SHIFTS.
• A good manager of people.
• Achieve consistent GP, and negotiate with suppliers.
• Able to liaise regularly and directly with customers, in particular wedding clients for menu tasting meetings.
• To ensure the efficient and effective running of the Kitchen Team.
• To ensure that the preparation and presentation of the food is of a high standard, and complies with food safety regulations.
• To supervise, train and motivate team to achieve company standards, and also to comply with Food and Health & Safety regulations.
• To achieve budgeted food gross profit.
• To provide first class service to the hotel guest
• To ensure all food is served to the required company standard.
• To plan and implement all new menus.
• To ensure that all commodities are on site, at appropriate stock levels to service the hotel guest.
• To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen operation.
• To strive and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction.
• To ensure that all the team are correctly dressed, that they understand the importance of high personal hygiene standards.
• To identify, provide and evaluate Departmental learning and development.
• To carry out the departmental welcome induction to the set company standard.
• To complete 4 and 12-week job chats with all new employees. Evaluate performance and action outcomes.
• Complete a 6 monthly review with all new employees and agree objectives for the next 6 months.
• Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with members of the team as part of the company performance management process.
• Complete Annual Performance reviews and set business goals and development plans to improve performance.
• Devise, agree and action training plans for the department, with Line and HR Manager.
• To utilise and incorporate all internal learning and development tools.
• To comply with all Food Safety standards.
• To abide by all company and legal food safety standards
• To ensure that all team member hold, or receive, food hygiene training.
• That all new procedures comply with food safety policy.
• That all appropriate Risk Assessment are in place and are reviewed on a regular basis.
• Monitor key departmental costs.
• To prepare and check the departmental rotas to ensure that staffing levels are in accordance with the agreed budget are controlled and monitored.
• To undertake purchasing for the department within the company guidelines. To also undertake monthly stocktake, to action any discrepancies immediately.
• To undertake all budgetary controls to achieve budgeted gross profit. Consideration given to stock control and rotation, purchasing, price and portion control, and wastage.
• To control costs through correct stock ordering and minimising wastage, forecasting and managing workload.
• Financial awareness and understanding of how the role impacts the hotel P& L.
• Ensure security for both self and all departments.
• To ensure the Company Health and Safety, Food Safety and COSHH legislations are adhered to; this will involve action and appropriate training
• To support and action employee relations within the team and department.
• All employee relation issues are dealt with both professionally and legally, in a fair and reasonable manner.
• Information is given in accordance with legislative and Company policy and procedures.
• To maintain up to date personal and relevant records to company standards.
• To ensure that recruitment is in line with agreed manpower / productivity levels
• To use effective and creative recruitment methods.
• To use the correct process when advertising in line with Company standards.
• Ensure that the department is operating to the agreed manpower / productivity ratios set by Line Manager
• Must attend all Health and Safety Training as directed by designated Line Manager.
• Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
• In use of company nominated chemicals, it is your responsibility to comply by COSHH.
• Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid reporting, and reporting accidents.
• To have a complete understanding of hotel and Company procedure in the event of a fire.
• To support the hotel in the achievement / maintenance of quality awards such as Investors in People.
• To assist in the activity of quality awards.
• To attend meetings and carry out agreed actions.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• You will need to be eligible to work and live within the UK.
• You will need to be currently living and working in the UK.
• This is not a live in position; you will be required to source your own local accommodation.
• Due to the remote location you will ideally have your own transport as there is no public transport available.
If this really great opportunity is for you and you match the requested work history and background for the role,
Please send me your up to date and professional CV. Kindly ensure it has all of your contact details clearly listed with the correct telephone numbers on too!
I am here to help should you have any questions and I look forward to supporting your application. Should you need to contact me at any time, please feel free?