A Really Exciting MALE Cocktail Bar Tender Position with A Fabulous 4* Cruise Company In The Southern Hemisphere
- Location: A Gorgeous Fun 4* Cruise Line Company, Cruise Ships / Offshore
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary: AUD$2,900 / 2025 Euro / $2200US / £1485UK TAX FREE per month worked – calculations change daily due to exchange rate
Good day to you and I hope you are well and enjoying the week. How about a new life adventure?!
I was wondering if you are looking for a super new opportunity and adventure with a fabulous company in the role of a MALE cocktail bartender…well here it is!
Thanks for looking…here are the details:
• Role: MALE Cocktail Bar Tender (due to berthing factors this role is only available for 'Male' candidates)
• Company: A fabulous 4* Cruise liner sailing in the southern hemisphere…plenty of adventures!
• Start date: May 1st 2015
• Berthing: Shared with one other (bunk bed style)
• Flights: Paid for by the host company both ways (unless you quit mid-way through contract then you are required to pay for your own flight home)
• Website: On application
• Reporting to: The Bar Manager
• Salary: AUD$2,900 / 2025 Euro / $2200US / £1485UK TAX FREE per month worked – calculations change daily due to exchange rate
• Cocktail Menu: On application
• JD: Full JD on application
• Required: You to fund a medical (circa £90UK) and also source a police check (circa £25UK), an Australian visa (it’s circa £30UK) and have a super cocktail knowledge and personality!
• Contract: 6 months working 7days a week and then 2 months vacation (unpaid in the vacation time) then back on-board for another contract…rolling full time contracts
The Superb Role
This is a great position shipboard. The sparkling new shipboard atrium houses a fabulous bar concept, with an extensive range of premium spirits and cocktails. Enjoying a cocktail with friends is part of the cruise experience, and this new facility will take that experience to a new level. Onboard will be an extensive and unique range of spirits to craft a brand new range of cocktails focusing on quality and presentation.
The cruise line offers a wide range, from spirits from around the world. Some will be known some may not be so well known and maybe a little obscure. It will also include some that will be well known brands and high end.
You the professional need to know the products and cocktails involving but not limited to the following liquor:
• Tequila (dark and white)
• Whiskey (all profiles)
• Rum (dark and white)
• 10 to 20 liqueurs / cordials
The cruise liner is looking to offer approx 12 signature cocktails that may have a little twist on them!
YOU The Exciting Candidate
You might have worked onboard a cruise liner before within the bar function but if not, your background will be from a high-end respected bar or club from Europe. You will have a great skill and understanding of ‘edu-tainment’ with your passion for serving the Guest second to none.
You will have circa 1½ years of cocktail making experience and you will be able to craft your cocktails smoothly, rapidly and effortlessly. The role is offering the Guest an ‘experience’ rather than simply a drink and you will have the knowledge of spirits and liqueurs to ‘tell’ the guest where they are from, and how they are made. The serving of the cocktail should be in minutes not tens of minutes. You will be brilliant at ‘upselling’ and ‘suggestive selling’ ensuring your bar and beverage targets are surpassed. Your understanding of cleanliness / USPH or equivalent will be incredible and you will be able to work in a small arena.
You will be able and willing to work 7 days a week for a 6 month period. Your passion to personally and professionally develop will be apparent and you will happily act as an ambassador of the company in this high profile position. Ofcourse it goes without saying there is no alcohol to be drunk behind the bar whilst working, so your measures and pouring will be needed to be exact. There will be a cocktail list for you to learn and work with too…although I am sure your creativity and ideas from the past will be embraced within the business also.
You will be able to fund your own medical and be available for a phone / Skype / face to face interview determined on where you are in the world. Your CV will be exceptionally presented with all weblinks, contact details and months as well as years you have worked in each position listed.
If this really great opportunity is for you and you match the requested work history and background for the role, please send me your up to date and professional CV. Kindly ensure it has all of your contact details clearly listed with the correct telephone numbers on too!
I am here to help should you have any questions and I look forward to supporting your application. Should you need to contact me at any time, please feel free.
Phone Line: +44 (0) 1189 345 900
Mobile: +44 (0) 7 888 999 091
Fax: +44 (0) 870 912 4292