2nd Cook - Passenger / Cargo Ferry
- Location: UK, Cruise Ships / Offshore
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive Salary
We are looking for an experienced Cook for our Passenger Ferry client, this is a fantastic permanent role, working 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, living onboard the vessel.
We are looking for a hardworking and proactive candidate to work alongside the Chief Cook.
1. To assist Chief Cook and in all aspects of the galley (food preparation for the brassiere restaurant and crew mess room).
2. To undertake any duties deemed fit by the Chief Cook or Cabin Manager.
3. Ensure all stores are put away correctly and that a stock rotation system is being used at all times.
4. To ensure all fridges are kept clean and tidy, and items of food are stored in the correct refrigerators.
5. To conduct oneself in a cordial and respectful manner during rest and work periods, working as a team player with fellow crew members.
6. To ensure that personal health and safety is adhered to when carrying out duties in and out of work time and that personal hygiene and presentation is of a high standard as befitting someone working within the catering and front-of-house area of our business.
7. To ensure health and hygiene standards within the galley/stores and food servery are maintained to the level of/or exceeding the state Port Health requirements.
8. To ensure that catering/food handling is of the highest standards: when preparing food, gloves are to be worn at all times and the correct colour-coded chopping boards are used to avoid any cross contamination (raw/cooked foods).
9. To be aware at all times of the importance of maintaining a clean working practice and to ensure all sections are thoroughly cleaned after service.
10. Where required, ordering/receiving vesselís catering stock/stores; checking off and highlighting discrepancies. Making sure items of food are stowed in correct fridges.
11. Waste management: to ensure that all waste oil and garbage is disposed of in the correct manner.
12. To ensure that all food wastage is kept to minimum.
To ensure that all food produced is delivered in a timely fashion and well-presented to both crew and passengers.
Do you have previous experience of working at sea? Do you hold all relevant certification?
You must be based in the UK for this position - no travel to and from the ship is paid.
If you are interested and would like to hear more, please apply using an updated CV.
I look forward to hearing from you very soon.